Monday, January 15, 2007

Saturday's appt and Monday (MLK day)

Saturday was super efficient fast and easy..as most things with this clinic. I just ran in and had my blood drawn in about five minutes. That afternoon, I got a call, that said I could up my medication of follistim (the shot that goes in the belly) to 225iu, originally on 150iu.

Things went wll upping the dose. The only thing is the side effects have intensified! I find myself extremely tired, bloated, and I have frequent headaches nightly. They are all common side effects of the follistim and I am thankfully aware of that. I can see why people get very sad or mad or grumpy on these meds as all the above side effects are not fun to have, especially when you have all of them at the same time.

Brian's been here, got in late Friday night. He's having a hard time watching me stab myself two times a day in the belly (where I now have a lot of tiny bruises). Today, Monday,, was his first visit to the doctors, or at least it was supposed to be. After the Patriots huge win in the playoff games last night, Brian got up in the middle of the night with food poisoning (or what I think is the fanatical fan overdosing on hors d'ovres). He got very sick and needless to say did not accompany me to the docs today. I did't worry..usually the whole waiting room is all women, however, today, everyone brought in their husbands. Oh well. We will hopefully make it to the office together on Wednesday.

Overall, things are going along fine. They called today and my estradol level (estrogen hormonal levels need to be 2000-2500 for egg retrieval) were only at 345. I guess that was what was to be expected since I'm on a lower dose. I am rather bloated and have an achey belly and back. Oh well. I'm in it for the long haul.

We've got another apt. on Wednesday morning..so we'll know by Wednesday afternoon, how we have fared. Thanks for all your support and notes. We appreciate it!

No comments: