Friday, January 19, 2007

The big day has finally come, at least the first one!

Hey guys, pretty crazy stuff today. Went in, prepared to ask a million questions since yesterday and the day before I didn't get all the answers I was looking for. It started out rather frustrating because the office was backed up about 30min. This is actually not that long in most doctors offices however, we got spoiled because this hospital/clinic, is not only always on time, but usually running 10-15min early! It's great. So today was unnerving, I had a bad blood drawer, not my favorite lady, who saw me in the waiting room and was so excited to take my blood and I had to inform her I already got it drawn. Then I had an ultra sound gal who's very sweet and nice, but the regular lady I love wasn't around either. With all that said, I asked how many follicles, and what size immediately.

So I have 24 follicles. It's kind of a lot..and they are worried..we don't want to get them all to 18-20 because then I'd have really big problems. So my biggest follicles, which there were 3, were 18 and 19. When I left, I had a feeling I'd have to stop taking all other meds, because I feel and knew with the follicle count, I'm about to border line hyperstimulation.

So I made myself very busy today with Brian..awaiting the call that comes between 2-6pm but usually comes more like 1:15pm. This call today didn't come until 3:30pm and it was killing me to know. The office called, Cyndi (mother-in-law) here at home and told her the whole scoop..which was quite a lot. Cyndi was nervous she wouldn't get it all down..but did a great job.

I GO IN ON SUNDAY! This is where they retrieve my eggs out of the follicles that are big enough (in a light surgery) in Boston at Brigham and WOmen's hospital. I also have to take a big ass shot (you really should see the needle on this thing) in my ass tonight at precisely the time given, 10:30pm!! This is a shot that has to be given within 15min of this time, or else you ruin everything. Quite scary and a lot of pressure, especially when staring at this needle. Got Dr. John (father-in-law) to mix up my meds in the needle to be ready to have Bri administer the shot precisely at 10:30pm, as it's to be given 36hrs before my surgery which is at 10:30am on Sunday! My blood level/estradol is up to 3276! That's sort of getting to the scary numbers..4000 is ultra high for me, a patient with PCOS, and definitely in the hyperstimulation area..where we don't want to be. I also am supposed to be drinking tons of fluids (which I am and feel like I am a swimming pool) and not just water! as you need to be extra hydrated with electrolytes too. I am also to keep up my protein intake..suggested foods, eggs and fish..both things I hate. So I got the okay for beef, chicken and turkey! Much more doable! Just finished a lovely hamburger to get me started.

All is well!

So next time I log on to update you all, will be Monday..after the surgery! After the Pats game (go pats)! Hope you are all well! And again..sincerely, thank you for all your thoughts and love! We love you guys and miss you all!

No comments: