Thursday, January 18, 2007

Same thing again and A new Doc too

So today was another appointment. Things went well however, I had a new ultrasound lady. She was very nice and fine, however, when you are going through this, the more routine things are, I have found the less stressed one gets. At this clinic in the hospital, you can usually end up with your same blood taker, and your same ultra sound lady. I was super sad today when my favorite ultrasound lady got the patient before me, so I knew I'd have someone else. This lady did not tell me my follicle count or levels. I patiently waited until the ultrasound was over, just because I know sometimes if you jump the gun and ask them your levels, they get nervous and would rather just tell you at the end, after they have put info. in their big computers that are attached to the ultrasound machine. Well, my lady just up and left after she was done. I had no way of getting her and asking her my levels. So after our appt. I was crazed..thinking maybe she didn't tell me because something bad was happening. That's no fun!

So about 15min ago. they called me with the word. My estradol is 2080 (remember optimum level for me would be 2000-2500, with follicles at 20 size, actually 2.0cm but they call that 20). The nurse said I'm doing great..but they need my follicles to get bigger. This nurse forgot, and I forgot to ask, with all the other info coming in, about how big my biggest follicles were. So now, I'm shy of some valuable info. once again. However, she said I was doing very well ...so I got that going for me which is nice. They are decreasing my medication to 75iu of follistim. A very very low dose. I think this is to prevent my follicles to get bigger, a few of them, and my estradol to creep up slowly, instead of going overboard and getting me to hyperstimulation stage.

The nurse who takes my blood, is the same most days. We've become friends. She's very cool. When I went in there my second time (first being in Oct. when we were here) she remembered me and said, "Aren't you from somewhere like, IDA-HOOO?". She's very funny. She kept complementing Bri and I on how cute we were and supportive of each other, and how cute Brian was, and when we came out to the waiting room, wherein I would agree with the nurse, we found Brian sound asleep, mouth gaping open. Yes, really cute Bri! Hee hee!

Today I feel less bloating, but I have severe moments of pain in my abdomen and ovaries. It sucks. It's a sharp pain and it doesn't last too long but it is very often. Oh well. Like I said, keeping busy, watching movies and reading books, sort of keeps my mind of taking two shots in the belly everyday and the pain.

So I've read and been told by many friends and doctors, that acupuncture greatly helps in the IVF process. The success rate is much higher and no one knows why..but it's highly regarded even as a destressing tool. So I found two highly rated acupuncturists here, Dr. Chao and Dr. How (no joke) and one of them will be administering my last few sessions of acupuncture. I love it! It's very soothing and for anyone with any kinds of problems; ie. migraines, arthitis, etc. I would highly recommend it to you if you tried other things that don't seem to work. Anyways, the weird part of the acupuncture right now, is that it's highly believed to be very beneficial if you do your session on the day of the transfer. Now the timing is kind of crazy, because I think I've said, the retrieval and transfer are something unknown to us until we get a crazy call, even in the middle of the night, that says when our appts are. So I will have to try my hardest to get into Dr. Chao at the appropriately timed appt. in relation to my transfer. I am already getting in to a session between the retrieval and transfer..so I feel good they will fit me in before and after my transfer. Quite literally, these acupuncture Chinese Mr Miagi type gurus, have you come to their office on the way to the hospital and quite literally, on your way home from. Very very interesting!

Well that's it on our end. Another appt. tomorrow morning. We're on an everyday schedule now. Hopefully some more good news tomorrow!

Thanks again for all your support and love!

No comments: