Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Another appointment!

Hello there, today was our fourth apt. and it went well. I have 21 follicles all together (14 on right ovary, and 7 on left). My 4 biggest are size 15, which we are trying to get them to 20. I go back in tomorrow for another scan and blood and probably on Friday too, as we are getting very close to my trigger shot ( a shot you have to give yourself within 15min of a totally specific time (could be in the middle of the night) that has to be 36hrs prior to your first surgery, the retrieval). They have guessed I could be taking the trigger shot this Friday or Saturday, which would put us in Brigham and Women's in Boston for the retrieval on Sunday (go pats!) or Monday. Exciting now that the real stuff is upon us!

I'm still very bloated...that's so fun. But I've been keeping busy, getting some nice exercise walking around their neighborhood, and going to the movies. Pursuit of Happyness, great movie, great message!

Another question that was brought up was; will we know if we are pregnant when we leave? The answer is a big fat NO. We cannot take a pregnancy test until about 15-18 days after the transfer to be on the safe side. The meds I've been taking, act like the pregnancy hormones and could register a false positive. We definitely don't need that. So we'll wait our allotted days and take one with hope in our hearts and a little Irish luck too on our side!!!

We feel very lucky to have all you friends and family! Your thoughts, prayers, meditations, have all been very appreciated and well received. We are staying upbeat like I said, because half the battle is a positive attitude and outlook on life!! We love each and every one of you and appreciate everything!!

No comments: